October 17, 2023 at 5:01 amNishita RVCESubscriber
Hello ANSYS community,
I am encountering an issue with my HFSS simulation while working on an S and X band array antenna design. I've been trying to resolve this problem for some time but haven't had much success, so I'm reaching out to the community for guidance.
Error Description: The error message I'm encountering is [Tau first attempt and classic second attempt both failed]. This error occurs during the simulation process, and I'm struggling to identify the root cause and solution.
- I have thoroughly checked my geometry and ensured it's accurate.
- Meshing has been optimized and verified.
- Excitation, boundary conditions, and materials are correctly defined.
- HFSS version- 2023 R1 license
I would greatly appreciate any guidance, tips, or solutions from the ANSYS community. If you've encountered a similar error in your work or have expertise in antenna design, please share your insights. Your help would be invaluable in overcoming this roadblock.
October 19, 2023 at 1:55 amFaezeh LadaniAnsys Employee
There is mesh issues. It is likely related to the way the array is set up.
I see you are inserting several instances of the same component. In finite array, we insert only one instance of the component and then create an array. Check this open example: From file>Open Examples..>HFSS>Antennas>FiniteArray_Radome_77GHz_3D_CADDM. The example comes with a short document. It should help setting up.
Also, before creating the whole array, run the two components separately with proper boundary condition (as isolated elements) and make sure they would run fine with no mesh issues.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.