Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Error in impedance matrix calculation for winding

• jailopez
      Subscriber

Hello, I am getting the next error when simulating an E core inductor in 2D:

[error] Solving for EddyCurrent adaptive pass 4, process solver2d error: Internal Solver Error:  'Error in impedance matrix calculation for winding'. Please contact Ansys technical support.

I have already tried changing the number of pases, the required error, etc. The simulation seems to run and do the calculations, since I can calculate the inductance from the energy given by the calculator, but I can't generate reports and the fields display makes no sense.

The 2D geometry has been obtained from a 3D one from its cut with the XY plane. The original 3D design seems to simulate correctly.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hello Jaime Lopez

Can you please mention which Ansys Product are you using to perform this simulation in Electromagnetics?

This Forum is meant for support on Ansys Discovery products only. For queries related to other Ansys products please post them on Ansys Customer Portal

• jailopez
      Subscriber

I'm using Ansys Electronics Desktop 2022R1

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Jaime Lopez Please use Ansys Customer portal for requesting support on this. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.