Fluids

Fluids

error in loading dat file

• swathi
      Subscriber

I have a problem using CFD-Post: recently, when I'm trying to open certain simulations, it gives me this error:

ERROR
      Error reading file "C:.....test.dat". Reason:
      FluentIO: Invalid Fluent case

I used to load the same dat file earlier but now it is showing error. Moreover my work is unsteady simulation and I cant run it again now.

Does anybody know what suddenly happens?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

are you able to load case and data file in fluent?

• swathi
      Subscriber

no. but my all cas and dat files are still in the fluent. files are not gone

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

can you please export .cdat file from fluent and import in cfd-post.

if this helps you, please mark this post as 'is solution' to help others on forum.

• swathi
      Subscriber

i have already tried that but that too is not working

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

This occurs when the data is no longer compatible with the case file. The usual cause is moving mesh or re-ordering the grid. Are either of these involved? 

• swathi
      Subscriber

I didnt do anything with the grid.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Unzip the case file if zipped and open it in notepad++ look after the time history and check if it corresponds to the transient data created. But anyway the error message usvtellingvtgar test.dat is not valid. The name of the file dies not contain any incremental related to time step or flow time. Are you sure that you are saving data every x steps? Please screenshot showing that.

I guess you will need to rerun or to rexport to Post if Fluent data can be read back into Fluent.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.