Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Error in Meshing for Fluent

Tagged: 

• ak_thawait
      Subscriber

Hi, I am meshing two spherical body with multizone mesh method. Meshing is completed but getting bad quality elements near the discontinuity and because of which, getting error while transferring mesh in Fluent. how can I improve mesh quality.

Thanks.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      I am not sure how did you use multizone. nCan you please use tetrahedron method with inflation? nIt should be good for Fluent. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • ak_thawait
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for your response. I am not using inflation. Using only edge sizing with bias factor. I am using automatic source target selection for multizone method. Actually these are not complete parts for the analysis, there are more parts. I am meshing flow domain around a 3D finite wing. These parts contain tip portion of the wing. Remaining parts I have meshed with Hex elements, So I want to use Hex mesh for these two parts also. Is is not possible to use Hex elements? nThanks.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      From 3 images you have uploaded it is not clear about how your geometry is. So can not comment on hex mesh. nYou can always get hex mesh with wing geometries. You will need to decompose the geometry in SpaceClaim or DM. There are many videos on the same on youtube. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • ak_thawait
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much Keyur. Can you post link of any such video. I looked for that but I am getting it for ICEM not for Workbench Meshing.nThanks,nAmitn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      As Ansys employee I can not post outside videos on forum. You can easily find those videos or pdfs on net. nYou will need to decompose the geometry to get hex. Ansys posted following video on hex. nnRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • ak_thawait
      Subscriber
      Okk..no problem. Thank you very much for your help..n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.