3D Design

3D Design

Error in Result

• eman
      Subscriber
      Hello ,, I do simualtion of human skull, taking into consideration the introduction of its own characteristics. I exposed it to an stanless steel , but I noticed that the results of deformation at speed 20 m/s is 0.02 meters and I have the dimensions of the skull 17 centimeters
    • Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

eman, Can you post a couple of pictures showing/explaining this behavior (deformed, I know what your cad looks like form previous posts). 

So, your total deformation is 0.02 meters and it looks like your over all skull is 0.17 meters, so the deformation is about 11-12%, why do you think that is so bad? What non-linearities does your material have?

Regards,
      Sandeep

• eman
      Subscriber

yes << this picture (the iron is stainless steel  ) and the skull bone properties that i insert it like the second picture  

i think that the result is error because velocity is small (20m/s) to give this deformation 
      i think i must insert the fracture strain value ,, what do you think ? 

look at this pic (at speed 250) the total deformation is 0.57 m when i change this value of geometry strain failure from 1.5 to the 0.015 ,, is it need to change ?

• eman
      Subscriber
      @SandeepMedikonda
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.