General Mechanical

General Mechanical

error in using the TREAD command

• Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI am trying to apply a sinusoidal voltage on a surface (name of the surface is pos) of a piezoelectric layer. I create a table (2 columns: time vs voltage) in excel and I save it as CSV file. Then I found an example https://www.simutechgroup.com/tips-and-tricks/fea-articles/227-using-tread-in-ansys-mechanical-apdl-to-read-external-data) on the use of TREAD command in oder to read csv file in ansys mechanical.nnto_skip=0      ! enter number of lines to skip--NONE in this examplen/INQUIRE,numlines,LINES,data_example,csvnto_read=numlines-to_skipn!n*DEL,mytable,,NOPRn*DIM,mytable,TABLE,to_read                ! table array to hold datan*TREAD,mytable,data_example,csv,,to_skipn! Apply time varying voltagend,pos,volt,%mytable%nnI adapt this script to my purpose: data_example is substituted with my file's name and I want that the first line of the table is skipped so I write to_skip=1. I get an error TREAD cannot read the csv file. But I don't know where the error is. Any help?n(I am using ansys 19.1, and this is a transient structural analysis)n
    • Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please confirm if the csv format is correct? If you open the file in notepad, the values should be separated by commas, n
    • Luigi0
      Subscriber
      thanks for the answer. I check and my values are separated by semicolon ;. Should I change with commas?n
    • Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      Yes, the values should be separated by comma.n
    • Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Thanks, now it works.n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.