Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Error: MainWin home directory does not exist/Failed to source MainWin runtime environment

• QuadrupoleTensor
      Subscriber
      I'm trying to install Ansys EDT on a remote CentOS 7.7 machine. I've managed to satisfy all the dependencies and get the software installed, but when I finally try to run the program:nn $ ./ansysedtn*** Error: MainWin home directory does not exist: //ansys/AnsysEM20.2/Linux64/mainwin540/Linux32/mwn*** Error: Failed to source MainWin runtime environment.nMy installation directory possesses a Linux64/mw directory, but not a Linux32 one. Does anyone know why this might be? This is my first time installing Ansys so it may be something obvious I'm overlooking, e.g. is Ansys Workbench required to run the individual Ansys products, or can they be run independently? I am also using X-forwarding to test things, which may be related to the problem. Thanksn
    • Randy Kosarik
      Ansys Employee
      Please update the file package.nyum install filennLet us know if that resolves the issue.nFrom help:nFor ALL 64-bit Linux platforms, OpenMotif, and Mesa libraries should be installed. These libraries are typically installed during a normal Linux installation. You will also need the xpdf or evince package to view the online help.nANSYS Supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and CentOS 7 Version LibrariesnYou need to install the following libraries based upon your OS version:nSDLnblasncompat-gcc-44ncompat-gcc-44-c++ncompat-libstdc++-33ncompat-libstdc++-33.i686ncompat-libtiff3nftglngcc-c++nglib2.i686nglibc.i686ngstreamerngtk2ngtk2.i686nlibSMnlibSM.i686nlibXfontnlibXft.i686nlibXpnlibXp.i686nlibXpmnlibXScrnSavernlibXtnlibXt.i686nlibXxf86vmnlibXxf86vm.i686nlibjpeg-turbonlibjpeg-turbo.i686nlibmngnlibnotifynlibpng.i686nlibpng12nlibpng12.i686nlibrdmacmnlibstdc++nlibstdc++-develnlibstdc++-devel.i686nlibstdc++.i686nlibtiffnlibtiff.i686nlibxkbcommon-x11nmotifnmotif.i686nopenssl11-libsnpostgresql-libsnpython3-libsnredhat-lsbnsssd-client.i686ntbbnxalan-cnxerces-cnxorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpinxorg-x11-fonts-cyrillicnxtermnzlibn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.