Error: MDGeometryFileType

• mg7234
      Subscriber

Has anyone already had the error 

Module required for file type: MDGeometryFileType

Where can I install that software module? Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which software was that reported in? Ie SpaceClaim, Fluent Meshing, Speos etc. 

• mg7234
        Subscriber

In Workbench. I wanted to open an already existing Workbench project and there comes this error. Is it possible that this project has content that requires a full version? I have the student version 2021 R2.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Possible, Student doesn't include any CAD readers other for Ansys formats and (I think) Step & Parasolid.  Can you open the project but then not do anything, or not open the project. 

• mg7234
      Subscriber

I can't open the project. When starting the Workbench, the window with this error appears straight away. Do you know if the Material Designer is included in the student version? Because this is part of the project and is also not displayed with me in the Component Systems and therefore this error occurs.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It's not, it's part of one of the other packages. 

• mg7234
      Subscriber

Do you know which package includes the material designer?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It may be in the Reseach bundle, but I can't confirm. There's also a chance it's still slightly separate as the Materials tools are used by most of the solver groups. If you use the "contact us" option on ansys.com making sure to use your University email someone will be in touch. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.