Fluids

Fluids

error message while loading udf

• samsonpaulpinto
      Subscriber

I am trying to solve this UDF in Fluent. But when I load it it gives me the error. what do i do?

I used every option possible, can you please tell me how to convert UDF to be complied in a parallel solver or to make the solver serial in R3. even If choose my option as serial in the beginning the same error pops up. What do I do?

I have attached the code for your reference 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

As ANSYS Staff, we can not download attachments. Please insert images using insert image functionality. 

you may need to check your compiler. 

please search through this community and you will find many post regarding this error for udf. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• samsonpaulpinto
      Subscriber

The code works beautifully in serial mode, but I have lot of elements. How do I parallelize it to make it go fater? 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Unfortunately, we don't help our customers parallelize UDFs on this portal. This is beyond the scope of what we can offer as support.

Having said this, please refer to the Fluent Customization Manual, specifically the chapter on Parallel Considerations (Chapter 7), as guidelines when trying to parallelize your UDF. In addition to this, if you have specific issues with debugging your code or interpreting the errors, we will be happy to help.

Here is the link: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/flu_udf/flu_udf_ChapParallelUDFUsage.html

One quick tip - As you said you have a lot of elements to your code, please split your code into multiple segments and attempt to parallelize these individual segments first. This will make your debugging process faster and more efficient. Once you have parallelized these standalone segments, please put your code together and test if everything is working correctly. Parallelizing a UDF can sometimes be a long and involved process. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.