Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Error: Out of Scheme heap space

• Xingchun Wang
      Subscriber

Hi Everyone,

I'm studying liquid sloshing inside the tank, so basically I use dynamic mesh and a UDF to simulate the sloshing, ANSYS fluent 18.1 is running on a High-performance cluster(HPC) owned by my institution,  the HPC runs CentOS 7.3. When running 2d cases, after 20 hours, the simulation will be terminated with error messages, how should I solve this?

All the best

Xingchun

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The old fix is to add -h50000 to the launch command. For some reason you've got a memory overflow somewhere. The other option is to write out the case & data every few 12 hours or so and restart the session. 

• Xingchun Wang
      Subscriber

Ah,I see, thank you for your solution!

does that mean Dynamic mesh will eat up memory so at the beginning I should request more memory for running the case?

Xingchun

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Yes, depending on whether you're creating or removing cells (or just remeshing) you'll use slightly more/less RAM during the solution. VOF will also do this depending on how the free surface moves.

Heap is is an odd one as it's usually OK with the auto assignment and I've not seen that error in years: the other similar one is stack but that's normally associated with boundary labels. 

• Xingchun Wang
      Subscriber

Got it, thank you for answering 

All the best

Xingchun

• Anupama
      Subscriber
      Where to add -h50000 value
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.