November 5, 2018 at 8:00 pmXingchun WangSubscriber
I'm studying liquid sloshing inside the tank, so basically I use dynamic mesh and a UDF to simulate the sloshing, ANSYS fluent 18.1 is running on a High-performance cluster(HPC) owned by my institution, the HPC runs CentOS 7.3. When running 2d cases, after 20 hours, the simulation will be terminated with error messages, how should I solve this?
All the best
November 6, 2018 at 3:33 pmRobAnsys Employee
The old fix is to add -h50000 to the launch command. For some reason you've got a memory overflow somewhere. The other option is to write out the case & data every few 12 hours or so and restart the session.
November 7, 2018 at 10:16 pmXingchun WangSubscriber
Ah,I see, thank you for your solution!
does that mean Dynamic mesh will eat up memory so at the beginning I should request more memory for running the case?
November 8, 2018 at 11:32 amRobAnsys Employee
Yes, depending on whether you're creating or removing cells (or just remeshing) you'll use slightly more/less RAM during the solution. VOF will also do this depending on how the free surface moves.
Heap is is an odd one as it's usually OK with the auto assignment and I've not seen that error in years: the other similar one is stack but that's normally associated with boundary labels.
November 8, 2018 at 8:43 pmXingchun WangSubscriber
Got it, thank you for answering
All the best
October 8, 2019 at 7:34 amAnupamaSubscriberWhere to add -h50000 value
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.