October 11, 2018 at 5:23 pmBSwartzellSubscriber
I am having trouble opening a .inp file in ANSYS. The file is one of the tutorial files from "4.1 Magnetic Analysis of a Solenoid Actuator" in ANSYS Help Veiwer, which I attached a screenshot of. The file itself is given when one downloads ANSYS and is located here:
"drive" ANSYS Incv182ansysdatamodels
The file is called "solenoid.inp"
When I open it I get the error code "unkown file type". I've heard great things about ANSYS and I don't understand why they would put tutorial files in the program that you can't open, as it is very frustrating.
October 11, 2018 at 5:43 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
I am not sure what is going on at your end but I was just able to open this file without problems:
Are you able to locate and open that particular file in a text editor? Do you see anything in it? Its located at this location on a windows machine:
C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182ansysdatamodels
The code in this file is really small, try either inputting these commands or saving them in a file and opening it again.
October 21, 2018 at 9:27 pmBSwartzellSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.