General Mechanical

General Mechanical

error structure, material orthotropic elasticity

• Phongtran
      Subscriber

Hello everybody

I design timber connection with dowels in ansysworkbench 18.2. I have declared the input material and the full bonding condition. But when analyzing, the software runs slowly and always reports errors. I checked so many times and couldn't find the error. please help me. I can send the file for you to check. thanks

• Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Array, I don't see any error messages in the screenshots. Your model was solved completely. Warning messages don't necessarily mean the model was not solved correctly or results are wrong. nThe first warning message (Large deformation effects are active...) shows up for all large deflection analysis, but we just want to inform users that certain boundary conditions (for example, cylindrical support) may be not appropriate for large deformation analysis. In practice, this message can be ignored in many cases. Please check Ansys Online Help->Mechanical Application->Troubleshooting: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v194/wb_sim/ds_Large_Deformation_Effects.htmlnThe fact your model runs slow could be because iterative solver was used as indicated in the second warning message. You can manually specify the solver type to be direct (Analysis Settings -> Solver Type). Direct solver is typically faster than iterative solver but requires more RAM.nKain
    • Phongtran
      Subscriber
      Hi Kai,nThank you for the explanation. My program has run better. I am trying to control the resultsn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.