September 26, 2022 at 8:13 am
September 28, 2022 at 2:19 pmNavya CAnsys Employee
To debug this kind of error,
1) Check if you have created the region with enough padding and proper boundary conditions (as required)
2)Try simulating the minimum possible structure and proceed further by adding other components to understand where the problem is.
October 11, 2022 at 6:51 pmPaul LarsenAnsys Employee
Hi Muhammad, Check if this error occurs without the motion setup. The motion setup in Maxwell 3D requires a solid object (can be vacuum) without holes to contain all the moving parts. It looks like you have some coils that move in the x-direction. I suggest that you draw a long ring with a cap on one end (so that it's one continuous object without holes containing the moving coil) that will move in the direction of motion within the band. If this is not possible or too complicated, then you can always switch the moving/stationary assignment, and keep the coil stationary, but you need to keep the requirement that all moving objects are contained within a solid (vacuum) object without holes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.