April 5, 2020 at 8:29 pmzed1234Subscriber
I am trying to find deflection of composite wing. I used ACP(PRE) and defined layers and etc.etc.
When I finally set the connections, supports and load.
I am getting this error:
the problem is that, when I check the mesh it has only 32536, so I can not even see, where the elements is.
Can you please help me how to solve this ? I am using 2019.R3 version.
Thank you very much
April 6, 2020 at 1:22 pmAniketAnsys Employee
There are extra elements defined for the contacts. Insert a contact tool in the tree and check for the real set 37. That should give you offending contact pair. Please check if the contact and target faces are correctly selected and oriented.
April 8, 2020 at 9:51 am
April 8, 2020 at 10:27 amzed1234Subscriber
I cannot even generate the initical condition in Contact Tool it just does not show any results.
April 9, 2020 at 10:45 amAniketAnsys Employee
What error do you get when evaluating the contact tool? Try with Distributed turned off and see if that helps.
if not, delete the contact tool from the tree and insert a new one and retry.
Once you generate the initial results you can sort them by real constant, and then right-click on that row and go to the concerned contact in the tree:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.