General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Error: Unable to determine if an environment link exists. Invalid environment object.

• AidanPowers
      Subscriber
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnIt my have happened that the project is corrupted and you may need to restore the Mechanical Database for the corrupted Analysis Systems. nIn your project folder, there should be an SYS.mechdb file for each Analysis object that was on the schematic ( the location for .mechdat is indicated in error message). - Make a copy of SYS.mechdb to another folder Rename the copy to SYS.mechdat Create a new Project. File > Import change the extension filter to .MECHDAT Browse to the SYS.mechdat and open. Save the project to a new name/folder when you are done. nPlease see if this helps.nnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • Samir Kadam
      Ansys Employee
      nThanks a lot for connecting with us using Ansys Learning Forum. nFor your query, it seems when you changed the Units for System G, it might have corrupted the connections between System G and System H, and all downstream systems (System I & System J).nIn this case, you can follow these steps;n1) Delete the connection between System G and System H (Pink link)n2) Try to open System H now which is independent of any upstream system. Hopefully, it should open Mechanical interface now. n3) Now, update the System G if it out of date. n4) Connect the Model cell of System G with Model cell of System H to transfer the data.n5) If required, update the System G if it is out of date.n6) Now, try to open System H and update the Model component of System H if required.n7) Hopefully, it should also work for System I and System J as well. If it gives trouble, follow the above steps like deleting the connection first and then connect again.nI hope this answers your doubts. Please let me know if you have more questions. nRegards,nSamir.nHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • YuJiali
      Subscriber

How to solve the problem, delete the pink link, can be opened before, but reconnect still can't

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.