Fluids

Fluids

Error using Events

• Max4
      Subscriber

Hi,

when I try to change a boundary type from "fluid" (inlet with velocity) to "wall" using Events, I have the following error.

Error: CAR: invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a pair]

Error Object: ()

Regards,

Maxime

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Please check your setup: changing the BC is working for me. You can try executing a command if you struggle with the BC change.

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

Fluid is a cell zone condition. You can use either Fluid or Solid where as inlet is a boundary condition. Please check the boundary conditions and edit it.

Regards,

Seeta

• Max4
      Subscriber

I have an inlet and an outlet with a moving piston.

Boundary Conditions : Inlet: Velocity

Outlet: Pressure

I want to close the outlet for a time t1 (Outlet to Wall) and then open it at a time t2. What should I use for Type when I want to change the Outlet from Wall to Outlet with pressure?

What do you mean by " Setup " ?

Regards,

Maxime

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You're looking for a pressure-outlet for the type in your post above. 

The original error means you've missed a setting somewhere: ie the wall doesn't have a temperature on it or similar. You should still be able to work with the case so look through all of the panels for a missing input.  If you have an injection what was that attached to? 

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

You can right click on the boundary condition "outlet" and change to wall. It should work with no issues.

• Max4
      Subscriber

Thank you for your answers. The simulation is still running, but a problem persists in the changing of the boundary type. What may I use (Type) to change the outlet from Wall to an outlet with a pressure?

" alt="" width="271" height="319">

Indeed, I have define at the beginning the outlet (pressure 0 Pa). At t=0s, it changes to Wall, and at t=0.033s, it should change from Wall to the oulet with pressure, which was define at the beginning.

Regards,

Maxime

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Having looked & checked with a colleague the Define Event method you're using won't work. If you want to switch to an inlet you'll need to use a TUI (text window) command in the event. That command will start with

/define/boundary .......................     

Type that into the TUI and use Enter to show the available commands & q to move back up a level. 

• Max4
      Subscriber

I noticed this, and as a result I'm writing a Scheme file and then loading it to finally use with TUI Commands.

Thank you for taking the time to check this.

Regards,

Maxime

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.