Fluids

Fluids

error :viscosity ratio limited in cells

• veera
      Subscriber
      Dear allnI am getting error message like turbulent viscosity limited to viscosity in the cell nmy mesh min orthogonally is 0.2 , aspect ratio is 50 ,I hope its shows good quality cell distribution , even though I have getting this error , can anyone help me to resolve this issue n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nWhat simulation are you running? What is the Reynolds number of your flow? Where are you seeing this high Turb. Viscosity in your computational domain?nThere could be several reasons for this and we will need to understand your model better. Please provide us with the necessary screenshots so we can understand this better.nThank you.nKarthikn
    • veera
      Subscriber
      problem : gear and pinion rotation with some disatnce gabnmesh: mosaic mesh with fluent 19.2northogonality: 0.2nvelocity: 1.15nCONDITION : without MRF- INITIALLYnHow to see the affected domain?.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's not an error, it means you're hitting a pre-defined value limiter which is designed to help solver stability. You can either increase the limit value, or continue running the model to see if it goes away. Do NOT take a result as being converged if you're bouncing off the limit. n
    • veera
      Subscriber
      its not going off even i run 7k iterationsnhow to check the limited regionsn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Plot viscosity ratio using contours/isosurfaces to see where the affected regions are. n
    • veera
      Subscriber
      I got .. thank you sirn
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.