January 12, 2019 at 1:29 amd4devilxSubscriber
Hey guys I am getting error trying to start workbench and when installing. I have tried the following so far:
- Installing ansys in different drive but this failed as well
- Client ANSILIC_ADMIN UTILITY shows set license preferences for User ??????? which could've occurred due changing username to Arabic letters however changing back to English didn't solve a thing.
- Changing username of original account to many different names to no avail
- Installing on different accounts but on the other user account it fails to load analysis systems in the workbench whilst giving the error:could not read server port ANSYSLI_DEMO_PORT
- Turning firewall off
- Re-downloading the software and reinstalling
- There is no license manager apparently that I could find. Is this due to 19.2 version of workbench?
- Completing unfinished licensing configuration in ANSILIC_ADMIN UTILITY which gives me error at the end as well. It asks for hostname which i do provide using capture utility from ansys but this fails to start workbench as well
Funny enough workbench worked perfectly when I installed it for the very first time, when I uninstalled for a while then re-installation of workbench started giving me this headache.
Wish I could work at home on my computer but having this error i am forced to go to university every now and then which is getting frustrating for time purposes, help would be appreciated.
January 14, 2019 at 2:33 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
Can you remove or rename the folder ".ansys" under %Appdata%? cleanup everything, install with explicit admin right (run as admin) and check again?
January 8, 2021 at 10:20 amjulendraSubscriberDo this in CMD:ncd c:\program files\ansys inc\ansys student\shared files\licensing\winx64nand thisnansysli_util.exe -checkout FLUENT_SOLVERn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Licensing Error
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- ConfigureThisMachine Returns Error 1