Fluids

Fluids

Error when loading mesh from ICEM into Fluent

• Oliver27
      Subscriber
      Hi, when l load fluent after transferring my mesh from ICEM i get this error but i couldn't find what this error actually means or how to resolve it. any help would be great.nnAnsys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException: Exception of type 'Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException' was thrown.n  at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.GetCommunicator(IReadLockContainer context)n  at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.ReadCaseModelInfo(IFullContext context)n  at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.ReadMeshAndModelInfo(IFullContext context)n  at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SetupData.LoadFiles(IFullContext context)n  at Ansys.Fluent.Commands.EditCommand.Execute(IFullContext context)n  at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer)n  at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)n  at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)n--- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Exception of type 'Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexNotAvailableException' was thrown.nCommandName: Fluent.Edit(Container=Setup)n  at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)n  at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)n  at Ansys.Fluent.Commands.EditCommand.InvokeAndWait(IProtectedContext context, DataContainerReference Container, Boolean Interactive)n  at Ansys.Fluent.Gui.OpenInFluentGui.Invoke(GuiOperationContext context)n  at Ansys.UI.GuiOperationContext.Invoke(GuiOperationMetaData operationData)n  at Ansys.UI.UIManager.InvokeOperationCore(String pseudoname, OperationDelegate callback, Boolean allowOSMessages, Boolean coreTransaction, Boolean deferredRefreshOnly)nn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Are you using student license?nWhich version you are using?nIs this error consistent if you import mesh from Ansys Meshing? Can you open stand alone Fluent instead of using workbench? Can you read any .cas file in Fluent?nHave you checked quality in ICEM? Please check if there are any negative elements. Please check orthogonal quality. nIf you are using any older version, recommend to use latest version.Regards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • Oliver27
      Subscriber
      Hi, sorry for the long reply. I've been away from my PC for a few days.nnYes, I am using the student license.nni'm using Workbench 2019 R2.nnIf i load in mesh from Ansys mesh Fluent loads fine as well as opening fluent separately.nnI have checked the quality of my mesh. there are no negative elements. In the orthogonal quality check all the points lie between 0-1 with 294 nodes lying between 0.00 - 0.05n
    • Oliver27
      Subscriber
      After checking again theres 1002 nodes that lie between 0.00 - 0.05. I've attached a picturen belown
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Please improve those elements. nAlso if it is 2D, make sure that it is in XY plane. n
    • Oliver27
      Subscriber
      How would i go about Improving those elements. nand yeah its 2D so I'll fix thatn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You may need to assign edges and curves correctly. Please go through some tutorials and posts on this forum.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.