Electronics

Electronics

Error when simulating two overlaying metal

• zhxlin
      Subscriber

I tried to simulated the travel-wave electrodes which consist of gold and titanium. But when I add wave port, I cannot pass the validation. It show the following errors:

• Anchal Singh
      Ansys Employee

Did you check the model thoroughly and confirm that two electrodes are not touching or overlaping actually? Can you provide more details about your model to help you in better way.
      Meanwhile you can try checking 'Enable Material Override' under HFSS design settings?
      Hope this helps.
      Thanks
      Anchal

• zhxlin
      Subscriber
      Hi Anchal
      Thank you very much for the answer.
      I tried the "Enable materal override" setting under HFSS design setting. But I still get the same error.

Actually, the electrodes "sig_gold" and "sig_ti" are one electrode. This elctrode are composed of two overlaying matals (shown as the right-side yellow and green parts in the following image, and the left-side yellow and green parts are the ground electrode). I added a waveport to the facet of this electrode (the two overlaying metals in the right side). It seems that the waveport of HFSS doesn't allow me to have the two metals touch. When I raise the top metal by a very small distance like 0.000001nm, the error disapears. But I think there will be some problems if I spilt the two metals. Do you think if it is fine to spilit two metals? or is there any solution for this?

I appreciate your help.
      Best Zhixing
    • Anchal Singh
      Ansys Employee

Could you please share more screenshots of your model with the proper labeling of objects? This would help us to understand your problem in detail.
      Could you please tell us how are you assigning wave port for your model?
      Thanks
      Anchal
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.