November 7, 2023 at 10:33 amZainab AltaiSubscriber
I am getting the fellowing error message when I try to resume my db files. All db files were saved after running same script and input model but for milltiple loading cases. When I try to read the files for post processing, some are resuming perfectly fine without any errors, and for some I get the error bellow. Not sure what is the problem. It seems happing randomly, as sometimes even the files that were resuming fine are not readble anymore. Any ideas on what is the problem? or how to fix it ?"The program is unable to open file E:\......\loadstep80.db.If the suggestions in the associated error messages immediatelypreceding and/or following this error message do not help resolve thefile issue, please send the data leading to this operation to yourtechnical support provider, along with the I/O error code of 999 andthe system error code of 0, for help in determining the possiblereasons as to why this file could not be opened. "Data file E:\...\loadstep80.db has incorrect format, ismissing READ/WRITE permission, or is empty for RESUME."
November 9, 2023 at 3:45 pmDave LoomanAnsys Employee
Not sure what could be wrong, but usually postprocessing is done with the rst file using the SET command, not by resuming a db file.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.