July 1, 2020 at 2:58 pmadityasripathiSubscriber
hi, i am aditya. I meshed a 3D model in hypermesh 17.0 and imported ".CDB" file to work bench for static structural analysis. After setting up the case and initiating the analysis following error is piping "solve pivot warning or errors have been encountered during the solution . this is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, and under constrained model, or contract related issues". After the solving, when i am trying to evaluate the results, results are not showing and above mentioned error is displayed multiple time. therefore, kindly can you help me out what could be the reason for this error.
July 1, 2020 at 5:35 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
Pivot warnings usually indicate that the model hasn't been constrained sufficiently and hence there may be some rigid body motion. What are the boundary conditions you are applying? To fix this error, you will have to add or edit the boundary conditions such that any rigid body motion is prevented.
Hope this helps,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.