May 3, 2018 at 1:08 pmkartikSubscriber
i carried out static simulation to check at what load the component is failing later the same model i used to simulate in explicit to visualize the failure by invoking the principal stress failure.
two errors which show up are
1. contacts has expericened an abrupt change (static)
2. general failure error in soultion process (explicit)
how do i fix this?
May 5, 2018 at 9:25 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
You haven't provided sufficient detail to advise you on how to fix your model. The Static Model may have inadequate contact definitions or the solver may have step sizes that are too large. The Explicit model probably has inadequate initial conditions and incompatible boundary conditions. Here is an example of the same problem solved in Statics and Explicit
If you attach your model to your reply with a detailed explanation of what kind of failure you expect, perhaps you can get some more detailed advice. Follow these directions on how to archive your model.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.