General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Error with Menetry-William concrete model

• vaibhavtaranekar
      Subscriber

Hello everyone!

I am trying to simulate reverse cyclic loading with ANSYS for my master's thesis work, I have used SOLID65, Microplane etc models in the past but recently it has come to my information that latest 2020 R2 update has enabled usage of MW model with inbuilt reinforcement models, hence I wanted to try it out.

For starter, I tried to simulate a simple RC beam problem but it did not run successfully, so I have modelled a simple cube of 100mm to study the behaviour of MW model and following properties were assigned.

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      You need to define the softening part in the MW material (see below - you need to find these values of course - some help is given in the help manual see technology demo nr 48 or 54 related to concrete). Of course they should be known since these are metarerial related to what you have, and describe the cracking and crushing response of the concrete you have.nhttps://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/ans_tec/tecnuclearpipe.html?q=technology%20demonstrationnnAlso there is no need to use any command snippets with this method and especially not converting any elements to solid65 - we need the standard solid186 so the hex20 default elements (MW+inbuilt reinforcement in 2020 R2).nnThank younnErikn
    • vaibhavtaranekar
      Subscriber
      I seem to be confused in how to setup the materials, can you please clarify which step is correct?nTake original concrete material from library (which consits of isotropic elastic properties + tensile yield ult str, compressive yield ult strain) AND add the MW to it.nOR create a new material and add isotropic properties ONLY, ie young's modulus and poissons ratio then just add the MW properties directly.nsimiliarly for defining steel reinforcement, should i use the structural steel model already available and add BISO properties to it, or create a new material with isotrpic + BISO properties?nif possible can you share any beam model for R2 2020 so that i can analyse it and find out what i am doing wrong?n
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      I am also facing the covergence issue. 2nd how to find those softening behaviour. I have stress-strain data of concrete. How to find the values for softening behaviour.nn
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      I am facing the following errors.n
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      waiting for your responses. Thank You!n
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      Dear I am still waiting for your reply. Could you please help me in getting the data from My Stress-Strain curve.Thanks and Regards!nADEEL_khann
    • Mshrest2
      Subscriber
      Did you resolve the convergence issue?n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.