Fluids

Fluids

Error writing case file after replacing the mesh within Ansys Fluent

• rachels1001
      Subscriber

Hey guys,

I have a model of a fluidized bed, for which I want to sometimes replace the mesh. This is because I want to monitor the results when different geometries are being used with the same settings, and the alterations are such that I can't really use the scaling or transforming tools within Fluent (the modifications are minor changes to the height and length of certain sections in the packed bed). I can generate the mesh within Ansys workbench and I save it as a .msh file. I can replace the mesh within Fluent fairly easily; however, it does give me the notification that it needs to re partition the domain due to a load imbalance. I use Fluent in parallel mode because the simulation is fairly large. I am able to view all the settings, and all of my previous configurations are maintained; however, when I go to write the case file, I get an error that "MPI Application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status -1073740940".

Is there anything I have to additionally do after replacing the mesh and prior to writing the case so that I don't get this kind of error?

Thanks for the help!

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

What about exporting the settings from working Fluent case file, opening a new Fluent session, reading the new mesh file and then the setting file. 

• rachels1001
      Subscriber

The problem turned out to be that I have UDFs as a part of my simulation. When I unloaded and re-loaded the compiled library after replacing the mesh, I was able to write the case file. The above solution would probably also work though. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Good.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.