3D Design

3D Design

Errors after deleting some features

• matahari
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to slice up a body in order to refine the mesh where I need it. First I simplified the model in SpaceClaim by removing some features using Fill tool. Then I come across following errors in Mechanical when I try to mesh or solve.

One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.

A body was processed that had faces with no facets. Mesh generation and mass property calculations may be impacted.

I don't have this problem when doing the same with non-simplified model. I tried repairing both in SpaceClaim and DesignModeller and it didn't help. The model is, by the way, imported, I didn't make it myself. Also, there are places where I can't even slice, for example, left of the vertical line here, where the curvature starts. I get following error. (I will put those in the comments, I can't seem to be able to do it here.

• matahari
      Subscriber

" alt="" width="308" height="174"> 

• matahari
      Subscriber

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

in spaceclaim right click on the model in structure tree and select check geometry. 

if geometry has any faults, please repair it. 

please create a plane where you want to slice the geometry. then slice the geometry with the plane in spacececlaim. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.