Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Errors when opening module AnsysWB from Workbench

• thanhph111
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am using the ANSYS Student 2019 R2. The installation was easy, but I've got some problems when trying to open module AnsysWB from Workbench, the app did not responded when the Usage Tips appeared, as you can see in the video I attached (https://photos.app.goo.gl/dPEJ9857NrR4umWj6) (sorry if it's long, I just want to show all the process, you may want to skip several times).

Another time, the error was: " Mechanical failed to open the database: The Mechanical editor does not have a valid license. Please refer the following directory for more information: C:Users[UserName]AppDataLocalTemp.ansys".

I tried to reinstall many times, looked for solutions on the internet, even reset the PC but the error still exists. 

This is my system information. SystemInfo_1SystemInfo_2

What can I do to solve this?

Thank you.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

What is the output of the following command from CMD Prompt ?

"%awp_root194%..Shared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util" -checkout MECH_STRUCT

Thanks,

Win

• thanhph111
      Subscriber

This is the result:

"2019/08/02 08:45:56    INFO                Demo license file C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic exists.

MECH_STRUCT OUT id=DESKTOP-5PV9PLP-thanh-1856-012716 shared_info=DESKTOP-5PV9PLP-thanh-1856-012717 is_sharable=yes server=49692@127.0.0.1 is_academic=yes has_academic_logo=yes max_h_elem=0 max_nodes=0 max_struct_nodes=0 max_faces=0 max_bodies=0 max_species=0 min_cell_size=0 max_depth=0
              Resolved by Feature: id=183 feature=aa_t_i product=ANSYS Academic Teaching Introductory"

Thank you.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

So, there is no issue with licensing

Try the suggestions here

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/installation-issues-and-starting-problems-geometry-editor/

• thanhph111
      Subscriber

OMG, it really works. Thanks a lot. Finally I don't have to buy a new laptop  

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

lol . That's great to hear ! Thank you for the update.

I'm glad it's working for you.

Thanks,

Win

• siddhanandackandagal
      Subscriber
      Iam getting this Mechanical failed to open the database:the Mechanical editor does not have a valid licence on importing .stp file....please help me regarding this..nn
    • siddhanandackandagal
      Subscriber
      Getting this......nn
    • siddhanandackandagal
      Subscriber
      please help me regarding this as early as possible...nn
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.