Fluids

Fluids

E!S.PLS FILE IS VERSION 0.0 -NO DATA

• Abdul_4
      Subscriber
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      May I know which Ansys software you are using?
    • Abdul_4
      Subscriber
      ANSYS 2019 R1
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Thanks. Which software in Ansys? Ansys Meshing? Mechanical? Fluent?
    • Abdul_4
      Subscriber
      ANSYS AQWA - Hydrodynamic diffraction and Hydrodynamic Response.
      Thank you
    • Abdul_4
      Subscriber
      kindly suggest me a method to avoid this error.
      Thank you.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
    • Abdul_4
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your response sir .
      It is the solution for the version of ANSYS 2020R1 and upper versions and I am using Ansys 2019 R1.
      There is no option like " External operation before solving" to run a python code in 2019 R1.

• Mike Pettit
      Ansys Employee

Unfortunately you will need to upgrade to a more recent version if you want to access Hydrodynamic Diffraction results in Aqwa Workbench.
      However, you should be able to plot results straight away using AqwaGS. Firstly you will need to do some file manipulation:
      Navigate to the solver files directory for the current analysis in your project.
      Copy ANALYSIS.PLT and rename the copy as ANALYSIS.PLD. Repeat this to also create ANALYSIS.PLS.
      Open ANALYSIS.PLT with a text editor, e.g. Notepad++, and make an arbitrary change - for example, delete a letter and re-type it - then save the PLT file.
      The solver files directory should then contain PLD and PLS files with the same filename as the PLT file, and the PLT file modified time should be *newer* than the PLD/PLS files. Then you can open the PLT file in AqwaGS:
      Open AqwaGS 2019 R1 from the Windows start menu.
      From the main AqwaGS toolbar, select Graphs to open the Graphical Display window.
      In the Graphical Display window, click File > Open, navigate to the solver files directory for your analysis, and open the PLT file.
      Select the results you're interested in from the Graph Selection window.
      Remember that the solver files directory will be wiped if you re-run the analysis through Aqwa Workbench.
      Mike
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.