Fluids

Fluids

Ethylene/air combustion Flamelet library generation and running simulation in FLUENT.

• goldersantu
      Subscriber
      Hi, nThis Santu. I want to generate a flamelet library of Ethylene/air flame in CHEMKIN. CHEMKIN is installed with ANSYS (ANSYS version 2020) in my pc. Is there anyone who can help me to generate flamelet library of Ethylene/air flame and running in FLUENT. nContributions will be given for any publication (Thesis, conference or any Journal).nnSincerely,nSantu n
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nMost the information is provided in the user manual. However is there any specific question that you have which needs to be addressed? n
    • goldersantu
      Subscriber
      Hello,nThank you. I have generated the flamelet library for Ethylene/air combustion by importing mechanism and thermo file. nBut I need help for defining Fuel. I found that in Oxidizer section there will be only mole fraction of oxygen and nitrogen. nBut to define in Fuel section, I am not getting how to define mole fraction of Ethylene. First, I defined mole fraction of C2H4 to 1 but my results are too far compared to experimental results. nAlso I balanced the reaction as C2H4 + 3O2 = 2CO2 + 2H2O. nFor the complete combustion what will be the reaction? From the above reaction, I calculated the mole fraction of C2H4 is 0.125. But the total mole in Fuel will be 1. I am not getting what are the mole fractions of species that I should add.nSincerely,nSantun
    • goldersantu
      Subscriber
      Hello,nMainly, how can I determine inlet fuel composition (%) from the balanced reaction of C2H4 + 3O2 = 2CO2 + 2H2O?Sincerely,nSantu n
    • goldersantu
      Subscriber
      Hello,nnAlso what will be the operating density of this Ethylene combustion?.Sincerely,nnSantun
    • goldersantu
      Subscriber
      Hi RK,nCan we change the Lewis number in FLUENT for combustion simulation?nSantu n
    • wcao
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Santu,nWhat kind of flamelet library you are creating? Is it steady diffusion flamelet? Besides, could you please confirm that you are creating the flamelet library in chemkin instead of Fluent? Thank you.nn
    • goldersantu
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI am creating library for Ethylene. Yes it is steady diffusion flamelet. nYes I am creating in Chemkin. nHow can I change the Lewis number?nSantu n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.