Fluids

Fluids

Eulerian Wall Film model (EWF) and species transport

• hadihatami
      Subscriber
      Hello, nIs Eulerian Wall Film (EWF) model compatible with species transport? nFor species transport, one should define at least two mixtures; however, defining two mixtures for species transport with EWF on results in an error. For example, mixture 1 is water and CO2, and mixture 2 is CO2 and air. Eulerian wall film material is defined as liquid water. Then Fluent gives an error saying liquid water cannot be found in the Multiphase Model. I should point out that in this problem I am using the Eulerian Multiphase model. nDoes anyone have any idea how this should be resolved?nThank you all!!n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You're asking two questions in one statement. Check the set up for EWF and separately for Eulerian multiphase, the two aren't the same and don't work well together. n
    • hadihatami
      Subscriber
      Thank you. I am aware that these two are different subjects, but thanks for informing that they do not work well together. My question was mostly to see if the species transport can be used while defining a EWF model in Fluent. n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You can, but read the limitations carefully. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v211/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_ewf_sec_limits.htmln
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.