November 22, 2022 at 1:59 amKan ForrestSubscriber
I wanted to test a couple of Lumerical examples using a 30 day trial license. I installed Lumerical 2022 R2.4 for Windows (64 bit) and ANSYS License Manager 2022 R2 for Windows. I am able to run the Waveguide (FEEM) example by downloading and opening the example file on this page Waveguide (FEEM) – Ansys Optics. But, the Waveguide (FDE) example on Waveguide (FDE) – Ansys Optics is not working if I click RUN button.
Is there any way I can try both examples?
November 22, 2022 at 8:46 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
The first example, uses the FEEM Solver + INTERCONNECT. While the second example will be using MODE + INTERCONNECT.
Try to request for the FDE solver evaluation license from the Launcher or click on the “Obtain license” button from the example window in the application as shown in our KB guide > https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/5718487807891-How-to-request-a-30-day-evaluation-license
(See attached image/screenshot)
Also take note of the requisites for the evaluation/trial licenses.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.