April 8, 2022 at 6:28 pmKumarVinjeetSubscriber
I am using FDTD module. I want to have an evanescent wave source on one side. How can I have an evanescent wave source? Please help.April 11, 2022 at 11:53 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeI would assume that such device will support this evanescent wave. Therefore you can use mode source to find this evanescent mode.
In case this is created by total internal reflection, you may either need to simulate the whole device, as this example:
or if it is due to evanescent coupling: Evanescent waveguide couplers
or you will need to import the source data from analytical solution or simulation monitor: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034383054-Using-an-equation-to-define-the-spatial-field-profile-of-a-source-in-FDTD
So it is all dependent on the device mechanism and the physical source excitation.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags