Fluids

Fluids

Evaporation Rate in Room Temp.

• Vasuhans Goswami
      Subscriber

Hello I am trying to model a evaporation rate of water under room temperature roughly at 70F. Currentally I am using a multiphase physic model. I am trying to figure out water evprations volume between 2hr to 4hr span.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

OK. What is your problem? Other than using weird units.... 

• Vasuhans Goswami
      Subscriber

I am new to evaporation on ANSYS, currentally I am trying to model a 2d planer container holding water at 70 fahrenheit. The air is traveling over the surface of water and due to chance in humidity the water goes through evapration. Base on the expriment the initial humidity is 100% and it graductely reduces to 67% in the container, and during the change in humidity the water goes under evaporation process. This is what I am trying to model in ANSYS

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

OK, so do you want to model the phase change using Fluent's multiphase models, or just look at the displacement of vapour with fresh air? The latter can be done with phase change, or by adding vapour mass into the system based on partial pressures and source terms. 

With CFD, the starting point of any project is to work out what you want to know, and how much time/effort/cpu you're willing to spend doing it. From that, you work out the model definitions, determine (and defend) any assumptions and document. At that point you open the software. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.