Fluids

Fluids

evaporation under boiling point

• xiaojiangyou
      Subscriber

Is it possible to initiate evaporation under boiling point in Ansys Fluent?

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

You will need to elaborate a little more on this question. Are you attempting to generate a mechanistic model for boiling through thin-film evaporation? Are you attempting to model the interface? Are the two liquids immiscible? If these are your question, then the answer is 'YES'.

Please elaborate your question so we understand this better.

Also, I'm moving this question to the 'Fluid Dynamics' thread so it gets better visibility.

Thank you.

Best,

Karthik

• xiaojiangyou
      Subscriber

Hi Karthik,

Thanks so much for your reply. I want to generate a mechanistic model for evaporation through thin-film evaporation (without boiling happening). Is this possible in FLUENT?

Best

xiaojiangyou

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Evaporation under boiling limit will only work if you have two phases where one of them is a mixture containing the component in different material state like: water-film and wet-air.

Do you need to resolve the film? If not you can rely on the Eulerian Wall Film to do that.

• xiaojiangyou
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

Thanks so much for your suggestion! I'll try with water-film and wet-air and see if I can see evaporation happening!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Best

xiaojiangyou

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Just to add to Amine's comments, if you would like to resolve the thin film, you should be able to do this through a VOF model. However, this is going to be computationally expensive. Not to mention that you might have to deal with spurious currents and other numerical instabilities. 

I hope this gives paints a complete picture.

Thanks.

Best,

Karthik

• xiaojiangyou
      Subscriber

Thanks for your adding Kremella!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.