3D Design

3D Design

Exceeding Geometry Limits in Ansys Academic Design Modeler

• adam123newton
      Subscriber

I have been looking for the geometry limits for Ansys Academic and found various discussions threads stating that there is a body limit of 50 and a face limit of 300 (I have 200 faces) which I am below yet I still can't save my work due to geometry limits. Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hey Adam,

You have found the correct limits.

Maybe the limits are exceeded during the build of the geometry, even if the final shape is below the limit.

Use another CAD system where you can create this shape, export a Parasolid from the CAD and import the Parasolid into DesignModeler. That would work.

What if you create a surface from sketch instead of a solid, then there would be only one face. In Mechanical you can assign the thickness to that face and mesh with shell elements. Is that an option?

Can you suppress the extrude features, then save the model with no solid body? If so, you can archive the project and attach the .wbpz file to your reply.

Regards,
      Peter

• adam123newton
      Subscriber

Thanks for the quick response Peter,

I think I did exceed the limits during that build, I think I can work around that if remake the geometry more efficiently.  If not I will do as you've suggested.

Thanks Again

Adam 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.