General Mechanical

General Mechanical

EXIT ANSYS WITHOUT SAVING DATABASE

• Rana Nasser
      Subscriber

Hi everyone!

After the model have been solved the "writing the results process" stopped without any errors, but in the solver file I have found this note:  

"Reading results into the database will update the current displacement and force boundary conditions in the database with the values from the results file for that load set.  Note that any subsequent solutions will use these values unless action is taken to either SAVE the current values or not overwrite them (/EXIT,NOSAVE)."

What should I do with this?

The solve. out file is attached below

Regards,

Rana

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Rana, For some reason we are not able to post a longer answer here. IT is investigating.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

The reason for this message is that is that the results file contains the displacement and force boundary conditions for each load step.  The database [in memory] and the db file both hold only one load step of loads and boundary conditions.  So for example if you have a model with 3 load steps of a force load of 100 ,200, and 300 units.  If you save the db file after solving the third load step then the load will be 300.  Now if you do a resume (the force will be 300) then enter post1 and read in the results for the first step then the force will be read from the rst file and it will show 100.  If you then save the db it will have a force of 100.  You do have the option to not save since you have a good db file.  If you do post processing you need to be aware of this only if you are going to resume the db file and do more solving.  For that process you should confirm that the loads and boundary conditions are what you want.  This is not currently applicable to surface loads such as pressure.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• Rana Nasser
      Subscriber

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for you great effort to help.

My analysis is a transient analysis of one load step and this step is subjected to automatic time stepping to 1000 substep and the load is defined as a base excitation acceleration time history using a command and with an input load text file, so I couldn't understand what is the reason of this in my case?!     

• Rana Nasser
      Subscriber

Hi,

I tried to oped the results file, but I couldn't do this because these files are binary files. Then I found the command in the following pic., but I don't know how to use it. Could any one help?

As I understood from sandeep Sir reply I need to read the results file and then decide which file I want to show its results, is this correct or I have missed his idea?!

* The following images shows what I have found in the Project scratch folder

Note: Due to the large size of these files they couldn't be opened using Notepad or Notepad++

* The solver output is attached in the first post in his discussion.

Regards,

Rana  

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.