June 12, 2023 at 3:11 pm
June 12, 2023 at 6:09 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It might be due to PML reflection. Please increase the distance bwtween PML and the device, and the number of PML layers. It can also due to insufficient simulation/larger autoshutoff min. Please make sure it is the autoshutoff min (1e-5 by default) to terminate the simulation, eg, the simulation is terminated before reaching 100% progress.
I would suggest you to use override mesh for the pattern, and make sure the height is the integer number of the mesh so each time the interface is the same treatment.
June 17, 2023 at 6:13 amSAURAV GAUTAMSubscriber
i checked mesh and cut off setting but result is same. it seems the issue is because of diffraction effect.
June 18, 2023 at 2:19 pm
June 19, 2023 at 2:31 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You can using grating analysis to get transmission of a specific diffraction order: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042088813-Diffraction-grating
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.