LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Explicit Dynamic (Solver error – time step too small)

• Minggie27
      Subscriber

I faced these two problems.

There are bonded connection(s) where none of the Candidate nodes found a Target face. A node will be bonded to the closest face only and this may therefore result in non-bonded nodes. See log and prt file for more information.

Solver error - time step too small.

• Minggie27
      Subscriber
      My error messagenn
    • Samir Kadam
      Ansys Employee
      nThanks a lot for connecting with us on Ansys Learning Forum. nMy apologies for delayed response. For your issues, here are some suggestions;nFor the contacts between the bodies, you can use Body Interactions for all the bodies. For the explicit analysis, body interactions are advisable. nThe error message of too small time step is mainly due to varying mesh sizes. For explicit analysis, it is advisable to have uniform mesh across all the bodies. For your geometry, you have element size difference of 10 times. This can cause issues while solving. Please try meshing all the bodies with same mesh size and then try solving the case.nI hope this helps, nRegards,nSamir.n
    • maurya
      Subscriber
      Hello Minggie27n Why yo put end time 1000, It is 1000 s according to me if you did not change it to the millisecond. Due to this, you may have a time step very small.nAre you using any rigid parts? According to me keep your base rigid will save your time.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.