March 27, 2018 at 6:21 amRajender22Subscriber
sir tell me the setup setting of turning process in explicit dynamics for thermal analysis ?/
any one is working on turning process???
March 27, 2018 at 11:36 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The setup for turning is very similar to cutting which is described in this discussion.
Create a workpiece using an Explicit Material that has a material failure model in it.
Create a tool that doesn't have a material failure model (unless you want the tool to fail).
Rotate the workpiece and move the tool into the workpiece.
If you have more questions, please provide a specific example with some geometry.
April 10, 2018 at 6:10 amRajender22Subscriber
i rotate workpiece by displacement command. for realistic condition im not able to rotate workpiece by angular velocity or velocity ,,, i want turning result on various RPM ... is there any video which contents all this commands .. pls send link
April 10, 2018 at 11:23 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
When you rotate by a displacement with an end time defined in the settings, that is a fixed velocity. If you want half the velocity, double the end time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.