LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Explicit Dynamics using SPH

• joecamarada206
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone,I am new with Ansys software, and I'm trying to learn how to simulate some cases that I'm used to analyze at the lab. I'm trying to simulate a high-velocity impact between two metallic plates.nI read some papers regarding the simulation of these cases and most of them use SPH, problably because at the interface of the materials, they may behave like fluids. Since I'm new with Ansys software, I know that I will not be able to reproduce these simulations perfectly, but I would like to have an idea on how to simulate these cases and understand the software better. Also, I'm using the Student Free Software, so I know that this will bring some limitations as well.nI've been studying the software for some weeks, but I still have some problem to understand some basic things. So, I have some questions that maybe you could help me.nn1) Is there any tutorial, guide or example videos to learn how to use SPH and to simulate Explicit Dynamics systems? I found the course A Hands-on Introduction to Engineering Simulations from Cornell University (which was very good). Still, I didn't find modules addressing SPH or Explicit Dynamics cases.n2) Is it possible to use the SPH on the Explicit Dynamics system with the Free Student Software?n3) Where in the software can we change to SPH? (Or this is not possible with the Free Student Software version?)nnPerhaps these questions are not relevant or don't make much sense, and I apologize in advance. But as I have few experience with the software, even these questions are not easy to answer yet. Any tips or recommendations on how to start learning how to simulate cases like this are very welcome.nnThank you very muchnn
    • Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      In WB Explicit Dynamics system, first you need to activate the beta feature to expose SPH method under WB Options. Then you need to change the Reference Frame of the body to Particle under Geometry. Finally, you need to use Discrete Element method under Mesh to generate SPH particles. ANSYS 2020R should be used. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.