LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Explicit dynamics with composite

• AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber

Goodmorning, I was trying to do a landing simulation with a lander made of carbon fiber. I was unable to carry out the simulation so I tried to change material to steel and then it worked, so I supposed the problem was the Carbon fiber. How can I fix it?

The errors I see are:

"Solver initialization error - see log file for more details."

"An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result. Please review all messages."

I'm using concrete for the soil since the soil material from the engineer data was without density value so the solver couldn't make the simulation.

Thanks for the help!

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      which solver are you using? Ansys staff can not exchange any files on the forum, so if you want to reach a larger audience to get answers from, please insert inline images describing your problem.
      -Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum

• AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber
      I actually don't know where to set the solver, this is the first time I use ANSYS. I link an image of the main page of the simulation, hoping it will help.

• AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber
      Anyone can help? Thanks
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Anita, can you paste a screenshot of the solve.out? Under solution information, you can see a option to display solve.out.
    • AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber
      Hope this iswhat you were asking!
    • AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber
      Is this what you were looking for? Thanks
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      There are a couple reasons for initialization error. For example, did you define density in engineering data?
    • AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber
      Yes, I define it for chalks while the Carbon Epoxy already had it
    • AnitaCapelli
      Subscriber
      Actually, I'm having just this error:
      "An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result. Please review all messages."
      and some warnings:
      "Current result file may not contain requested result data . Please clear the solution and solve again."
      "The result filecannot be opened."

Thanks for the help
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.