Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Export Geometry in WB / Edit exported geometry in WB

• Doyoung Kim
      Subscriber

Hello, I am new to ANSYS.

I am doing deflection analysis of beam. And I am trying to do multi-step static structural analysis. 

For example, I'm using cantilever beam of 10m with point force at free end. Then, I would like to use the deflected 10m beam and add another 5m (straight) to the left.

I tried exporting deflected beam geometry, but it comes with mesh and when I edit geometry (add 5m), I cannot mesh entire structure.

I clicked Model from B and right click geometry then export as ANSYS geometry file. But it comes with mesh, can I export without mesh?

Or, does anyone know if I can edit geometry in B? 

I am trying to create geometry like this. But I cannot mesh this. 

Thank you in advance!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

A simple way to do this is to draw two lines, one 10 m long and the other 5 m long off the end of the first line. You can fix the start node of the 10 m long line. There are many ways to connect the two lines together. Use Shared Topology in DesignModeler or SpaceClaim. Or do a Mesh Merge in Mechanical.

In step 1, apply the displacement to the node at the 10 m vertex. The 5 m long extension will remain straight. Then you can do what you want in step 2.

• Doyoung Kim
        Subscriber

@peteroznewman Thank you so much! Your suggestion works for my application! 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.