March 12, 2021 at 12:17 pmRajan_MistrySubscriberI am simulating a microwave resonator in HFSS using the driven modal solver with a fast frequency sweep. I have used the field calculator to calculate the mean electric field in a block of air just above the resonator. But this only calculates for a single frequency in the sweep. How can apply this to all frequencies in the sweep to export a plot of mean E vs frequency ?n
March 12, 2021 at 4:20 pmPraneethAnsys EmployeenAre you trying to evaluate the average field over the defined volume or you want average field over the frequency range?nKindly confirm.nBest Regards,n
March 12, 2021 at 4:31 pmRajan_MistrySubscriberThanks for your reply.nI want to average the field over the defined volume (which I have done using the field calculator) and then plot this average field against frequency.n
March 12, 2021 at 5:22 pmPraneethAnsys EmployeeHi,nDid you try assigning an output variable for the desired quantity? Kindly look into HFSS Help document regarding the definition of output variable.nAll the very best.nBest Regards,n
March 16, 2021 at 12:37 pmRajan_MistrySubscriberThat works now, thank younn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.