Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Export meshing in high quality

• trippleD
      Subscriber

Hello,

i have done a mesh with the meshing software of ansys. If you want to export a picture, you just have the possibility to make a screenshot with the internal tool of the meshing programm. You can export the picture as a vector graphic, but it isn't one in reality. If you zoome in, it isn't shown in high quality. Is there a workaround how to export high quality pictures of the mesh or to export the mesh in other meshing programs which have the possibility to do a high quality picture?

Thanks for your help,

trippled

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Assuming you are using ANSYS (Workbench) Meshing you can alter the resolution when you save the file. The more usual approach is to zoom in and then take the image: I take one-two overview figures and then zoom to highlight as needed. 

• trippleD
      Subscriber

Yes i'm using Ansys Workbench Meshing. Okay there isn't another way? Because if you zoom in in the later document, the quality isn't really good.  

I take one-two overview figures and then zoom to highlight as needed

What do zou mean with it?

• BenjaminStarling
      Subscriber

Workbench or MAPDL do not have the ability to create vector graphics. This is a pretty unique ability and I would suggest you research postprocssing techniques with Paraview. Paraview coupled with a tool such as Blender can create pretty much all the graphics you will ever need. Moving files between ansys and Paraview is not the nicest but it can be done. Both Paraview and Blender are free and open source.

The closest thing in Ansys is Ansys Viewer Files, which are 3d models, that can be viewed for free by anyone you send them to, provided they install the free ansys viewer software.

• BenjaminStarling
      Subscriber

I also came across these two extensions for Matlab. Matlab has the functionality to export Vector Graphics, although I don't know if they are always true vector graphics.

ANSYSimport - File Exchange - MATLAB Central

Read ANSYS mesh - File Exchange - MATLAB Central

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Zoom in the ANSYS software then create the image: that way we're not reliant on the image resolution. 

Ben's approach will also work, but I'd suggest using Ensight or CFD Post over a non ANSYS tool: remember who I work for! 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.