July 27, 2017 at 10:34 amifas_maxwSubscriber
I'm focusing a problem conceirning the export of transient results. I need the normal acceleration of the elements laying on a specific surface into a file.
Does anyone know a best practice regardin that issue?
July 28, 2017 at 1:24 ampglAnsys Employee
Take a look at the *GET,ELEM command in the ANSYS Mechanical (M-APDL) command reference.
Also here's a great answer from the web.
July 28, 2017 at 6:40 amifas_maxwSubscriber
Thanks for the help, the resource was already known to me. Still doesn't solve my problem. Let me get more specific:
I perform a transient simulation and I would like to export the normal acceleration on each element (that is important because Ansys only calculates acceleration of nodes). of a given surface from all time steps. I need this information for a subsequent acoustic simulation.
Now, I found already a way to fix the issue with the normal acceleration of an element. I used CFD Post to implement a point cloud on each mid surface nodes. But the problem is the enumeration of these nodes is kind of random. I can state the absolute coordinates of these nodes though but I would rather like to refer them to the original surface elements.
I hope anyone has already encountered this problem and can try to explain a possible solution.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display