3D Design

3D Design

Export of .iges file from Design Modeler poorly renders in SolidWorks ac NX, what fixes?

• Dillon
      Subscriber
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Export a Parasolid from DesignModeler. When you import a Parasolid into SolidWorks, it should come in perfectly.n
    • Dillon
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the quick response! For some reason that is giving me weird results as well.n
    • Dillon
      Subscriber
      Same with the .step file...n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      DesignModeler shows this was imported geometry. Where was this geometry exported from before it was imported into DM?nWhat is the history of this geometry?n
    • Dillon
      Subscriber
      Yes, I have a .cdb file from apdl that I am importing. I'm trying to get the geometry back as a file I can use in SolidWorks. I found this from:nI think you answered this question actually haha.nn
    • Dillon
      Subscriber
      Essentially I compressed a part in apdl and saved the deformed geometry so I already have a cdb file of what I need in apdl, but there isn't a good way to get a solid file out of apdl, so I'm attempting to load the apdl cdb file into workbench and export the solid file from DM.n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Can you try to export STL from the result in System B and then try to manipulate it in SpaceClaim instead of DM? That way would give you a better flexibility to clean the model, but you will need some cleanup in SpaceClaim.nIf you change the geometry type in DM to DesignModeler instead of workbench you will see the similar issue in DM as well.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumnn
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.