Fluids

Fluids

Export Pressure Field with Unique Node Id

• Azimuth
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have a model of a free floating body on waves. The flow is transient, I use VOF model with 2 phases and 6DOF module. I get a pressure history, and then I need to export it to the Transient Structural Analysis.

The ways I've been tried:

1. Direct moving from Fluent->Solution to Structural->Setup. It doesn't work for VOF model, I wonder why...

2. Export pressure from CFD-post by ACT-FSI_Transient and load the result as External Data. I get, that source points are located in the positions from the last time step. The pressure field is not exact:

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Have you tried using the System Coupling module for transferring data from Fluent to Mechanical? Here are a few examples you can look into (Reed Valve FSI Co-Simulation)
      https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v211/en/sysc_tut/sysc_tut.html
      Please let me know if this helps.
      Karthik
    • Azimuth
      Subscriber
      , thank you for your answer I try to use System Coupling, I made an Reed Valve example, but in my project I can't choose second Data Transfer, I get an empty list, when try to set displacement translation from Transient to Fluent. Can you see, maybe I do a silly mistake?
      And one more question, alternatively - can I export a pressure center and resultant force and moment from Fluent at each timestep?
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello I'll not be able to download and open your files. Can you share a screenshot in the post?
      Regarding your other question - yes, you should be able to export Force, Pressure, and Moment from Fluent every single time-step. Please look under 'Reports' to create the appropriate monitor and don't forget to check the 'Write to File' option.
      Thank you!
      Karthik
    • Azimuth
      Subscriber
      ok -
      in Fluent I set a wall-object as a System Coupling
      in Transient I tried both System Coupling Region and Fluid Solid Interface
      1st Data Transfer:
      2nd Data Transfer, Target participant list is empty:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.