General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Export Solution Combination Result using Scripting

• mlittle2010fit
      Subscriber

I have linearized stress results that have been created via a Solution Combination (which is Total Stress minus Thermal Stress). I am trying to create a script to automate extracting these results to a text file to quickly get all of the results from 50+ linearized paths.

After digging around a bit, I found out how to get the solution results from an Analysis (i.e., my Total Stress analysis) by going into the object using Model.Analyses[#].Solution.Children[#]. But since a Solution Combination isn't an Analysis, these results do not reside in there.

I've tried to go to Model.Children[#], which is where the Solution Combinations are stored, but I do not see anything in regards to stored results within the Solution Combination in here. Does anyone have any insight on where to find these results Model object in order to export via scripting?

Thanks in advance.

• mlittle2010fit
      Subscriber
      I have figured it out. In case anyone is looking for this info, the results for each solution combination are stored in Model.Children[#].Children[#], where the first "Children" is the index of the Solution Combination in the tree, and the second "Children" is the index of the result stored in that Solution Combination.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.