March 22, 2022 at 4:59 pmmlittle2010fitSubscriber
I have linearized stress results that have been created via a Solution Combination (which is Total Stress minus Thermal Stress). I am trying to create a script to automate extracting these results to a text file to quickly get all of the results from 50+ linearized paths.
After digging around a bit, I found out how to get the solution results from an Analysis (i.e., my Total Stress analysis) by going into the object using Model.Analyses[#].Solution.Children[#]. But since a Solution Combination isn't an Analysis, these results do not reside in there.
I've tried to go to Model.Children[#], which is where the Solution Combinations are stored, but I do not see anything in regards to stored results within the Solution Combination in here. Does anyone have any insight on where to find these results Model object in order to export via scripting?
Thanks in advance.March 23, 2022 at 4:10 pmmlittle2010fitSubscriberI have figured it out. In case anyone is looking for this info, the results for each solution combination are stored in Model.Children[#].Children[#], where the first "Children" is the index of the Solution Combination in the tree, and the second "Children" is the index of the result stored in that Solution Combination.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.