General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Export to Nastran // NX // Simcenter 3D

• AR
      Subscriber

Hello 

I need to send a project that I have done in Ansys (2021 R1) to a friend who is using Simcenter 3D (it's based on NX). I have tried exporting it as a Nastran file.

However I get the following error:

1) Do you know what I can do?

2) Do you know what I can do so that my friend can see the whole model with Simcenter 3D or at least the results?

3) Is there a way to send it so that he can modify the model (like geometries, contacts, boundary conditions, etc)?

Thanks!

Best regards,

• Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee

Are there any other messages in the message window?

Check the help link for supported features - NASTRAN Export Supported Features (ansys.com)

If you have features that are not supported, make sure you suppress that in the tree before exporting to Nastran format

=======

Can Simcenter read Ansys files? If it does, you can send an Ansys input file. 

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Hi 

As my colleague mentioned perhaps you can import an ansys file - from a quick search simcenter can perhaps also import the ansys results file (.rst).

Hope this helps

Erik

• AR
      Subscriber

Hello,

There are more messages but no one related with the export to Nastran.

I cannot access the link that you indicate me since I do not have a customer account. If you could send me a screenshot of the information I would be very grateful.

I'm not sure that Simcenter can read Ansys files. I read in a post that can read Ansys results file, but my friend got an error when trying to open it so I'm not sure that this information is correct. 

The results file of Ansys is .rst, right?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Yes the structural ansys results file is ending with .rst.

As for the help link open up your ansys help and copy and paste that link in – it  should take you to the mechanical guide -> understanding solving -> writing nastran files

All the best

Erik

• AR
      Subscriber

Thanks for everything

I have been able to access the link and I have seen what things are allowed to do in order to export to Nastran.

However, I have not been able to export. I have created a model composed only of a cube to which I have put a force and a fix support and it has not been possible either, I don't know what could be happening.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I have had good luck exporting Linear Hex elements from Ansys to Nastran from a Modal analysis.

What version of Ansys are you using?

• AR
      Subscriber

The model I mention is created in Ansys 2021 R1.

Regarding the type of elements you mention, the original model has the following elements. In principle they are all compatible with Nastran right?

The super reduced model (just a cube) had only Tet10 elements and still I was not able to export it to Nastran

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Hi

Are you using a free student version because there is no problem exporting (at least a cube/tet10s with loads and bc)  from our side with a commercial enterprise licence (2021 R1 and 2022 R2).

All the best

Erik

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I have confirmed that Ansys Student 2022 R2 has no problem exporting a Linear Hex mesh or a Quadratic Tet mesh out of a Modal analysis to a Nastran Input File.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.