Fluids

Fluids

Exporting colormap data

• jaina
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have completed a thermal simulation in CFX, and would like to export temperature data on a planar surface as a CSV file, in order to be able to analyze/plot in a separate software. I defined a point cloud in each direction on the surface, but can not figure out how to export the data on the point cloud to a CSV file. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the correct direction. 

regards,

A

• RK
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Please refer to the following thread on the student community on extracting monitor data. 

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/when-extracting-monitoring-data-from-a-r/

Regards,

Rahul 

• jaina
      Subscriber

Rahul,

Thanks for the pointers. However, the data I am looking for is not defined in the form of a monitor. I am looking to plot the temperature contour on a 2D surface, for which I need to define in CFX-Post multiple points (a point cloud) on the surface, followed by exporting the data on the point cloud. I have been able to define the point cloud, but following that, I can not figure out how to export the temperature data on that point cloud.

Will the commands given in the link you shared do this for me? Is there a GUI-driven approach instead of command line?

regards,

A

• jaina
      Subscriber

Hello, I was able to figure it out. Thanks again for your help.

regards,

A

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Glad that the issue is resolved. Can you please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others on community. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.